Lead

Sep 16 09 8:38 AM

Tags : :

I posted this on the other IC website to

I have been under an enormous amount of stress in the last 3 months, my husband relocated out of state to find work so we were apart for 2 1/2 months. We then moved all 3 of us (us & my 14 year old cat) to Oklahoma. My body knotted up more than it ever has.

A good friend of mine who has seen a nutritionist & reacts to stress in similiar ways recommended the following to me. Eliminate white bread & ice cream (the ice cream has been very hard for me!). Eat as many fruits, green vegetables & whole grains as I can. She also recommended chicken broth if my stomach was really knotted up & it made me nauseous.

This is what I've been doing & it's worked out well. I don't like green vegetables so I have been eating apples, plenty of filtered water, Triscuits thin crisps, oatmeal , honey nut cheerios with a tiny amount of 2% milk. Right before my husband flew back home for all of us to move I added in the chicken broth, I used swansons low sodium so I didn't get a ton of salt, I drank little bits of that for probably 2 weeks, my appetite decreased too so I made sure I was drinking water too.

I also switched from store brand citrucel tablets for my fiber to the Fiber one bars, that helped even more.

I have had some bread in the last few weeks but not much. My friend also said I can eat other things but in moderation that is they key. I had my first piece of chocolate in probably 3 months yesterday. I have been drinking hot cocoa to help with the monthly chocolate cravings.

I meditate twice a day for about 7 minutes, I do deep cleansing breaths for the entire time. I have a CD that I use.

I've lost 12 pounds since late April & some of my older clothes are starting to fit again:-)

When I snack it's the thin Triscuits or apples, or a bowl of oatmeal.

This has been a huge mental adjustment for me but my body has responded well, now that we've moved it's gotten better but I'm still watching things to be on the safe side & I know it's better for me overall.

icandme/big hug small2.JPG icandme/angel_happy_22face_hands_looking_up_sm_nwm.JPG icandme/angelsmile.gif icandme/kisssmile.gif

Jen
Have tried too many things to list, for a full list e-mail me.

Please read Screaming to be heard by Dr. Elizabeth Vliet.

Have the following: anxiety, hormone imbalance, restless leg syndrome, depression, SAD, infertility, carpal tunnel/arthritis, hypoglycemia, irritable bowel syndrome w/constipation, interstitial cystitis. Most conditions in remission since 7/06, it's a wonderful thing:-)

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help